emails with attachments
karen532

Yesterday I update my phone and I've noticed I'm not receiving any emails that have attachments.

I can review these email with attachments on my desktop but not my cell phone.

Anyone else having this issue? i was going to go to Verizon and have them reset my phone prior to

this installment but thought I would check on here first.

0 Likes
Re: emails with attachments
karen532

Oppps, I meant to say upgraded. I see a lot of other errors are occurring for others as well after this upgrade : (

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, there's a number of folks with issues after the upgrade.  Have you verified that all your e-mail settings are correct? 

0 Likes
karen532

Yes all other emails are coming through. I've done the cache thing and soft reboot. I'm clueless on what else to do.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Me, too, unfortunately Smiley Sad

Hopefully someone else will chime in here soon with other suggestions for you.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

0 Likes
karen532

Thank you for trying. I guess we have to be patient. I let you know If I find the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

yes, please do ... that would help if others have the same issue

good luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried removing and re-adding the email account to the phone to see that helps?

Also there may be a setting in the Email application restricting the size of the email downloaded to the phone until you manually select to download it. I can't find it on my Nexus, but I do remember my Thunderbolt have such a setting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

Also there may be a setting in the Email application restricting the size of the email downloaded to the phone until you manually select to download it. I can't find it on my Nexus, but I do remember my Thunderbolt have such a setting.

There isn't a similar setting on the Bionic with GB; is that something that's new with ICS?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

There isn't a similar setting on the Bionic with GB; is that something that's new with ICS?

The Thunderbolt is on GB. It might also be available on the Thunderbolt because the email account is setup as a POP account on that phone. The same account is setup as Exchange on the Nexus.

On the other hand, it might be because of the customizations HTC did to their Email application.

I will check the Thunderbolt when it is in arm's reach later tonight.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes