extended battery life for droid 2 ?
memreez

how much longer ...will the battery last with an extended battery for the droid 2?

0 Likes
Re: extended battery life for droid 2 ?
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
The current battery is rated at 1440 , the extended is 1850. This would give you an increase of around 10% or so.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I would HIGHLY recommend you getting the extended battery.Yes it will make a difference

0 Likes
Re: extended battery life for Droid 2 ?
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery lasts well. After reading about Froyo 2.2 having an internal app/task manger, I uninstalled my Advanced Task Manager and my battery is lasting noticeably longer. It's quite good for a smartphone now. It is important to remember to 'break in' the battery when you get the phone, by charging it up to full then letting it run down to 5% then charge fully (uninterrupted) to full and do this the first 2 or 3 power cycles with your phone and it will increase battery life a LOT. If you have an ATK on your Droid 2 or original Droid with the 2.2 update, uninstall it,  that was  the best thing I did.

0 Likes
Re: extended battery life for Droid 2 ?
timmy101789

just deleted the atk from my phone and hoping it will make a diffrence. if anyone knows of a stronger battery that could last longer please let me know/

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Go to ebay and search for droid extended battery... They are much cheaper and with my experience they seem to work just as well.
0 Likes
dougklohnjr

download battery booster and check out the settings, also lower your screens brightness, mine is low as it can go and its still bright as hell. makes my battery last all day

10 hours talking, 248 idle. and if you need to charge it in your car/work/class

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
its not just 10% it makes a difference and its worth it. You will get around 2 to 3 more hours.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
It will be more like 1-2 hours which is just about 10%
0 Likes
reddbogut

Learn how to do maths bro.  The extended battery is more than 10% extra.  it's roughly 30% more.  You should gain around 6 hours per charge with this battery.  I have this battery and can vouch for that.

0 Likes