factory reset fixed my phone!!!!!!!!
markiss777

After i did a factory reset me droid is a Monster!!!!!! all you have to do is go to settings, sd card/phone storage, and tap reset at the bottom. make sure u tap phone storage not internal str.  now when i hit force stop on running apps in the application settings menu, they stay off. now my task killers says 0. all my new features work like magic especially my 720p and camera pics, by the way if your phone pic color are dark, go to the settings and turn all that auto crap of... check out 720p video on youtube my name is markiss7m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsWk8iFn0Ew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb2qfuz9ut4

0 Likes
Re: factory reset fixed my phone!!!!!!!!
izgil

In "Factory data reset" it only shows "Reset phone" and "Reset phone & Internal storage". There is NO "Reset phone & phone storage", as you said you did. However, there IS "Format phone storage" under the Utilities but it doesn't format your phone and I doubt it's what you've used.

Anyway, when I did factory reset ("Reset phone") after I got Froyo a week ago it didn't help much.

0 Likes
markiss777

What are you talking about thats what I said doh doh, sorry I didn't use the exact words for {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
izgil
Make yourself clear; did you do just "reset phone" or "reset phone And internal storage"?
0 Likes
wp71401
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried this at the suggestion of this thread, and went through the hassle of resetting up my phone and redownloading all my apps etc. I still get Facebook and Skype starting up in the background by themselves. I'll see if the battery life and other areas are any improved, but so far, I see no difference whatsoever, except Facebook now starts on its own periodically.

Glad it seems to have made a difference for others. Jury is still out for me.

0 Likes
markiss777

force close those apps and they shouldnt start unless they are being used...

0 Likes
markiss777

"reset phone" sorry.....

0 Likes
wp71401
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do go to "Running Services" and force close. But Facebook and Skype still seem to periodically start up without using them. Facebook moreso when it is used (but sometimes with not), Skype almost immediately after ever call (received or placed). Sometimes without any provocation.

Battery does seem to be a little better. I am using the extended battery sold by Verizon. It did seem to cure some little quirks with texting, etc. So I would say it's not a bad idea to reset. As long as you have everything backed up properly, couldn't hurt.

0 Likes