factory reset
Jacob2575
Enthusiast - Level 2

My three year old has managed to pull a factory reset on my phone three times. Not a huge deal but a bit of a pain. Is there a way to lock this? It seems strange that it wouldn't require more confirmation to do this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: factory reset
Snn5
Legend

Use a PIN, pattern, or other screenlock security measure.  It's rather difficult to do a reset without the proper button combinations with the phone off.  O course, if there is a security measure and it is entered incorrectly x number times, Androids erase themselves.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Use a PIN, pattern, or other screenlock security measure.  It's rather difficult to do a reset without the proper button combinations with the phone off.  O course, if there is a security measure and it is entered incorrectly x number times, Androids erase themselves.

0 Likes
Jacob2575
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use a screen lock but what happens is he will be playing a game and somehow get down the rabbit hole of menus to the factory reset and at that point there is nothing stopping him other than clicking yes. Is there a way to add a pin or other lock at this stage?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would suggest the Guest Mode, but I don't believe that the Mini has that feature.  Outside of those other option, which don't matter if the kid is using it at the time, a careful eye is all I can think of.

0 Likes
Jacob2575
Enthusiast - Level 2

Copy that. I kinda figured that was going to be the case. Thanks anyhow.

Snn5
Legend

However, if you get into another device one day, KitKat and up Android OS versions have Guest Mode, at least LG does on 4.4.2 and up through Lollipop 5.0.2 at least.

0 Likes
Jacob2575
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, that is going to be a feature I was going to look for on my next device.