finnally got 2.3.6 GB :) im happy n sad.. PLEASE DEBATE HERE
gabrielpina4
Enthusiast - Level 3
its so fastttttt but I have noticed they added a lot more Verizon bloat ware :smileysad: like vcast music,vcast media,vcast video don't u pay for these things so am I going to get charged for these apps even thou I don't use them??
0 Likes
Re: finnally got 2.3.6 GB :) im happy n sad.. PLEASE DEBATE HERE
gabrielpina4
Enthusiast - Level 3
my face book was not deleted ..
0 Likes
Eukaryote
It's great to be more up-to-date. Will be interesting how this thing performs now.
0 Likes
Twfme
Got the update this morning and now my phone is not working. Took the battery out, etc. Nothing. It works, but going between pages and opening apps is really slow and it keeps turning off. Also for some strange reason, it changed my wallpaper. Guess I'm headed to the verizon store today. Aargh! Did anyone else have problems with the update?
0 Likes
xsvenom

@ Gabe

Gabe I think if you USE those services you will  be charged. Just having the app on the phone does not add anything to your bill. Just don't use any of them. A pirates life for me. :smileywink:

0 Likes
curtisdr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not happy here.

What was wrong with the pros and cons thread?

0 Likes
Red98
Enthusiast - Level 3
Received my update a few days ago. I used the update from XDA developers instead of waiting for the OTA. I never had any other problems with my phone prior to the update. I am noticing the phone remarkably faster. I ran a quadrant benchmark and it supported a much faster phone with a score of 1250 versus 900 before the update. one issue I am having is my phone no longer connects to the Bluetooth in my car. I may try to delete all the profiles and start again.
0 Likes
krauser1

Red98 wrote:
Received my update a few days ago. I used the update from XDA developers instead of waiting for the OTA. I never had any other problems with my phone prior to the update. I am noticing the phone remarkably faster. I ran a quadrant benchmark and it supported a much faster phone with a score of 1250 versus 900 before the update. one issue I am having is my phone no longer connects to the Bluetooth in my car. I may try to delete all the profiles and start again.

I updated my wife's charge via the XDA developers and it had the same bluetooth problem. However, after deleting the profile and re adding it, it worked great.

Overall the update works great!

0 Likes
rd1981

same thing happened to me... but my phone just keeps resetting, i would hate to have to do a factory reset... that would really suck...

0 Likes
Dissatisfied with the ota update... Phone just Keeps Resetting..
rd1981

Got up this morning , and to my surprise the gingerbread update was available, i chose to install, and it took round 15mins, now all my phone do is constantly resets , it only goes to the droid eyeball thing.... i hope i dont have to do a factory reset which i believe may happens.. that will suck... any help would be appreciated.. Thanks and God Bless you! i'll be going to verizon today!

0 Likes