Re: froyo and timeline complaints
Wildman
Legend

galaxie500fb wrote:
Come on birdman. Evidently you never read the joint press release put out by verizon and motorola when they first announced the upcoming release of the droid x. They both clearly said that once the update to froyo was put out that this already great phone would become even better. Their words. Not an exact quote. But pretty close. They made more of a big deal about the upcoming release of froyo than any post put on these forums to date. They set the expectations. And if you feel as though your just holdinng a phone in your hands than you have no idea what this phone was.promoted as being able to do. Its a phone. Its a gps. Its a camera and video recorder. A mini computer capable of not just browsing the web but also downloading programs and running them. Please don't cheapen what i paid good money on. They advertised this phone as much more than a phone and it is so much more. Google the original press release if you want. It may just open your eyes but then again you may have to admit your wrong and begin to feel as though you didn't get what you paid for.

I am assuming this was directed my way, and do you realized you proved my point?  If the phone is all that you described and all these features make the device worth having, then what is the big "I need Froyo Now!!!" and the phone in not all it should be? Enjoy what you have now and stop complaining every second about what you don't have.  I understand what I have and as you should notice I am patiently waiting and not complaining about the device unlike so many has been.  They keep acting like the phone isnt able to function without Froyo... Come On, isnt there more important things to worry about, if you think not then its time to wake up to reality.

By the way, in your post I didnt notice a statement from them that reported a official released date, so when did they lie about release information? Also once again you quoted a post that still has never been posted from Verizon, just because they claim source came from Big Red does not prove anything until a OFFICIAL REPORT FROM COMPANY.

0 Likes
matteo90

You know what i think is so funny, that people consider September late-summer. Apparently you guys don't understand your months. There are 12 months in a year, and 4 seasons, Spring is march april may, summer is june july & AUGUST, FALL is SEPTEMBER, october november and winter is December january february. Now i dont see how september falls as summer one bit. September is a FALL month not a summer month. As for the update, i gave up on waiting, i have better things in life than to wait for a non-existant update that MAY come sometimes this FALL. Summer is over, FALL is upon us.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Fall doesn't officially start until the vernal equinox which usually occurs around September 21st. Same goes for winter around December 21st (the shortest day of the year).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Patty-P

My question, why is 2.2 out for other Verizon phones, but not the X?

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
That is the original press release clearly stating that 2.2 was going to be included late summer. It was used as a sales pitch to help drive sales. 2.2 and flash are clearly there if you took the time to read it. I'm no techie. I just took the time to understand what i'm buying because i wanted to be sure that the phone i purchased would be provided updates and fixes for the next two years until my new every two allowed me to upgrade again. I'm not attacking you birdman but you are essentially calling me a liar when all you had to do was just google the original press release. They offered a great phone bit also stated clearly that the 2.2 update would make this phone so much better. I just want what they advertised and what i decided to spend my hard earned money on.
0 Likes
Rockefeller

The answer is that 2.2 is not ready to be released yet for the droid X, its a very, very, very, very easy concept to grasp! Im sure one day all you people whining about froyo will see how ridiculous you are being, if not I feel sorry for you!!

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
Whining. I just get a chuckle from you moto/verizon supporters. I clearly supply a linkbto.what they.promised and when they don't deliver as promised and we question it you people who are so happy with not getting what you paid for just try and attack us instead of questioning why you were lied to.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

galaxie500fb wrote:
Whining. I just get a chuckle from you moto/verizon supporters. I clearly supply a linkbto.what they.promised and when they don't deliver as promised and we question it you people who are so happy with not getting what you paid for just try and attack us instead of questioning why you were lied to.

Sorry dude call them supporters or what not.  You do not grasp the concept of time.  Do you know when Summer officially ends?  September 23 is officially the first day of all.  Just like the iPhone with MMS support they said late summer.  Everything got thrown out of court because Late summer or end of summer could constitute anything from August to September.  There's also the term within reason.  Also Motorola also stated that it is planned and not a promise.  As with plans it can change.

Calling someone a supporter because they something you don't like to hear without knowing all the details is ignorant.  You should stop reading the fandroid sites as most of the time they are willing to stretch the truth a bit just to get those clicks, because as much as they act like they are not they are a business and they need the revenue from their ads.

I don't own a Droid X, but I own a Droid 2.  I thought about buying the X, but I opted for the D2 for the keyboard, and the X is too large for my tastes.  As I told someone else.  The Droid may have gotten it before the X, but would you want the problems the Droid got(They been complaining a lot lately), or give them the time to possibly fix a lot of the problems the Droid has been having?  I willing to bet you'd be a happy camper IF it ran better than the Droid users.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

matteo90 wrote:

You know what i think is so funny, that people consider September late-summer. Apparently you guys don't understand your months. There are 12 months in a year, and 4 seasons, Spring is march april may, summer is june july & AUGUST, FALL is SEPTEMBER, october november and winter is December january february. Now i dont see how september falls as summer one bit. September is a FALL month not a summer month. As for the update, i gave up on waiting, i have better things in life than to wait for a non-existant update that MAY come sometimes this FALL. Summer is over, FALL is upon us.

matteo....WRONG!

When does summer end?
During the Autumnal Equinox. For 2010, that is 03:09, September 23rd (UTC).
Dj.
0 Likes