getting rid of shortcuts on the home screen
riverfish

So I added a shortcut on the home screen to an application that I late decided to uninstall. How do I get rid of the shortcut?

0 Likes
Re: getting rid of shortcuts on the home screen
emilynicol2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Press down and hold on the shortcut on the home screen. Once you do that, you'll see a trash icon has appeared at the bottom of the screen, giving you the option to drag the shortcut into the trash can to delete it.

You can also use the press and hold feature to drag your shortcuts around and rearrange them in the order you want.

0 Likes
DJA984

Can they be moved from screen to screen?  (Without having to delete them, then scroll over to the other screen, then recreating it?)

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

To move the icon to another screen, drag the icon to the far left or right and hold... the screen will then shift.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

DJA984 wrote:

Can they be moved from screen to screen?  (Without having to delete them, then scroll over to the other screen, then recreating it?)

Touch and hold until it "releases" and can be moved, then drag it to the very edge of the screen (like you're trying to drag it off of the screen) it should page over to the next screen so you can drop it there.

0 Likes
ivorycruncher
Contributor - Level 1

Yes.  Press and hold the shortcut so that the trash bin icon appears, but instead of dragging it there, drag it over to the edge of the screen, and hold it there for a second.  It will scroll over to the next screen, and you can drop it wherever you want on that screen.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to refresh the screen, didn't see somebody already answered this. Sorry.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

ivorycruncher wrote:

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to refresh the screen, didn't see somebody already answered this. Sorry.

Sometimes multiple explanations help with understanding. Different perspectives. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes