google nav not working
blubyyou

is anyone else having problems with google nav. it was working two days ago and while i was in route to a tow destination it just cut out and vz nav poped up. if there is a fix for this please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: google nav not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello blubyyou,  I want to make sure your navigation works especially when you need it the most!  Have you checked the Play Store for any recent updates to the Maps application?  Does VZNavigatior come up when you press the Maps icon?  Are you using a vehicle docking station with the device?  I am very curious and eager to find a resolution to these concerns!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
ruchi

Hi yes me too facing same problem

0 Likes
blubyyou

I have gone to see if there were any updates for google nav but its up to date. Vz nav seems to have taken over but i didn't want to open myself up to paying for it (vz nav). I don't use a car docking station. Here in the last week the google nav has been working but sometimes its like follow this route...searching for gps. A little annoying haveing to cut my phone off remove the battery replace and start over. Thank u for looking into this and taking the time to respond to my concerns.

0 Likes
blubyyou

Did urs start working but kinda not

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ruchi and Blubyyou,

Thank you so much for the additional information! I'm looking forward to working on getting this fixed together.

Please try Resetting both the VZ Navigator and Google Navigation applications by following these steps:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34878

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
TEAMOFRIVALS

At some point VZ Navigator decided that it was going to be the navigation device of choice on my Droid.  When I accessed a location using maps, and hit the blue up arrow for directions, I was taken to vz navigator where previously I could choose between VZ Navigator and Navigation. Navigation was always my #1 choice.  I phoned Verizon tech support and they were clueless.

VZW's response to Ruchi and Blubyyou on 9/27/2012 provided the answer. Click on Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, > all apps > VZ Navigator > Force Stop > Clear Data > Clear Defaults.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34878

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have ICS, there's also the option to disable the app.

0 Likes