gusjunk
gusjunk

How many of you are tired of Google updating your phone and making it worse?  Like loosing your favorite apps. data on your phone. How can we stop Google from do this to use. We have a voice let us  use it and stop Google from making are phone worse?

0 Likes
Re: gusjunk
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How exactly did it get worse and when?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gusjunk

Google did a update to my husband's phone. He lost the world clock and they

wrecked his date on his phone address on is phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are referring to the Jelly Bean update on the Bionic (since you posted in that space, I'm just assuming that's what you have), yes, several applications were removed to make the Motorola phones more 'stock Android'.  There are a number of clock apps in Google Play that could be used instead.

I don't know what you mean by "they wrecked his date on his phone address on is phone" ... if you could provide more details, we may be able to provide some assistance or further info.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Google makes the OS for the Android phones and releases it to the makers of the phones who in turn fiddle with it so it works with their devices. The phone manufacturer then sends to cell companies who test the updated OS and see if it causes problems on their networks. They also tinker with it via putting apps or removing apps that will be preloaded and non removable unless you take other measures.

Verizon in this case then sends the update to the various devices of Android, the OS has not been perfect on all devices and has caused numerous issues like the ones you mentioned. The process should be as a voluntary update but alas it is not.

I have read at different sites that google has pushed an update to the manufacturers to fix the issues. You will have to wait and see since Verizon is the last carrier to push out updates to their customers. They even sell them *behind* the other cellular companies.

Good Luck

0 Likes