help!! cant send/receive picture messages
kimmyczer

everytime i try to send/receive a picture message it tells me generic network failure..i tried the soft reset and that didnt work, i called *228 to reprogram the phone and also made sure my software was up to date...what else can i possibly do?!??

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: help!! cant send/receive picture messages
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello kimmyczer,

I can understand what an inconvenience it is not being able to send/receive picture messages. Are you able to send/receive text messages? Are you using the preinstalled messaging application that came on your device or a 3rd party application? If using a 3rd party application, remove this application and retest with the preinstalled one. Are you receiving an error when attempting to send? Have you noticed this happening with only certain contacts or does it happen with everyone?

Keep in mind the maximum file size for picture/video messages varies from device to device. Your device can send/receive a maximum file size of 1200 KB. I recommend you resize the pictures that you’re sending and retest.

I also ask that you make sure you have the latest software update installed on your device. For more information regarding the latest software update you can visit this link. Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties sending/receiving picture messages.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kimmyczer

I have updated to the latest software and it still does not work. I use the

messaging service that OS provided in the phone. It happens with any

contact that tries to send me or that I try to send pictures to. Please

help me fix this because it is extremely aggravating. Thank you

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like the moderator said, the file size of the picture could be a factor. If you are trying to send a picture that was taken at the highest resolution, it may be exceeding the file size limit for sending it over the picture messaging service. Also, check to make sure it hasn't been blocked on your account. You need to make sure your phone is able to access the internet as well, since picture messages are sent over the data network. If your phone can't access the internet, it can't send a picture message.

0 Likes
kimmyczer

The picture is not too big as it was sent to me by someone with the same

phone as me...and I have internet access...can someone please find me an

answer?

On Jan 20, 2012 9:50 PM, "detroitjames" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you contacted Verizon to ensure the feature isn't blocked? You may need something fixed in your phone's network profile as well. There would be nothing on the phone over and above what I've mentioned that would cause the issue you're having.

0 Likes
kimmyczer

Yes I did call them and did what they said and it didn't work...I am

waiting to hear back from daisy from Verizon again...thank you

On Jan 20, 2012 10:02 PM, "detroitjames" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi kimmyczer, I just want to verify which software version you have. Sometimes the phone will say System up to date, but it really isn't. Please go to Settings>About phone>System and advise what Software number and Baseband Version you have.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
kimmyczer

The latest version available 4 something I believe

On Jan 24, 2012 5:58 PM, "MarquiaF_VZW" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks, but the last two versions start with 4. The latest is 4.08. Can you look in Settings>About phone>System to get the exact version? Have you previously been able to send and receive picture messages?

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes