help connecting phone hotspot to computer.
millerscabin

I am trying to use Droid X as hot spot to my laptop.  Not sure how to set the computer so that it will recognize the droid...

0 Likes
Re: help connecting phone hotspot to computer.
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have that capability enabled on your phone and that feature on your plan?

0 Likes
millerscabin

Yes

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Yeah that is the most important part....  Now if you have a plan for the Hotspot then all you should have yo do is start app on device and then go on pc and search for new wifi network (Just like if you was connecting to a home router) and enter any password if it was set on device and then you should be up and going..

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

as far as I know, pretty sure you actually have to turn off your WiFi prior to setting up 3G hotspot in order for it to work correctly...At least I think so....

Message was edited to not be repetitive

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Actually the software should take over wifi hardware because this is how the device transmit the signal..

0 Likes
millerscabin

Do I use the password that is set up on the phone wifi

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

ahhh ok. thanks for the correction...  I have actually never done it, just thought I remember from surfing around reading about the DX that you should shut it off...it doesn't make sense but I figured i'd mention in case it were true

0 Likes