Re: high pitched static on other end is a software bug that needs to be fixed immediately
Ballplyr14610

I have also been through two phones with the same problem.  I am actually on my 4th Charge as of right now.  I would like to see a resolution to this problem as soon as possible.  As for the update that was supposedly in the works, we haven't heard anything since the 1st half of August.  

0 Likes
Re: high pitched static on other end is a software bug that needs to be fixed immediately
geekGurlGA

I have been experiencing this for a few months. Thank goodness I found this post. I called Verizon Tech Support, but she said I'd have to go the store to have them troubleshoot it.  Well, it happens randomly, so it is a difficult thing to show someone.

It just happened now (which is why I Googled it).

I noticed I was on 4G when it happened.

It is VERY frustrating.

I am disappointed because I love this phone so much better than my Windows phone.

PLEASE, PLEASE come out with the fix soon!

0 Likes
Ballplyr14610

When it happened to me, I wasn't able to make or receive a call again without getting that noise until my phone was powered off and on again.  Next time it happens to you, leave the phone as it is and take it to the store like the tech told you.  Mine actually happened the other way around.  The store told me to call tech support.

0 Likes
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest 2.3.4 leak that came out last week EP1W if you want to google it, fixed this problem.  I was never able to go beyond 3 days at the most without it squealing in my ears, and having to restart the phone, but I am now on day 6 of uptime.  The final 2.3.4 version that we should recieve over the air should be before the month is over.  Reading different forums, all signs point to the end of this month.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Phil,

Are you running the bloated or unbloated build? Is the Orange and Brown color scheme still on the 2.3.4 bloated build? I heard that the debloated version is a different color scheme though. That's what I've been hearing too, the end of the month seems to be the time frame for the OTA release.

0 Likes
phillthedrill
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am running the debloated version and it has the same orange and brown as the bloated one.  The only way you can change the theme like that is with a custom rom, and I am using the stock as of right now.  Yeah it will be about time when they finally release it, they should have had this thing on the charge since the beginning, then perhaps we wouldn't have all of these problems.

0 Likes
pls60
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just started having the screeching problem the other day (I have Firmware ver 2.3.6, and had a forced system upgrade occur within the last 10 day).  I too believe it's a software problem as I've isolated the problem to incoming calls (cell or landline).  Any additional ideas since I have a later version of the firmware than what is mentioned earlier?

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Yea same here, I have been getting the popping noises and static sounds now, everything had been great up until about a week ago, now every so often I get the static and popping in the ear piece on phone calls, barry fully charged and on ac charge as well. Verizon please get this fixed.
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Barry = battery
0 Likes
wickedout

I have the same issue with my phone. I don't get it. It happens randomly for no reason. What's the fix Verizon? 

The good news I'm getting a replacement sent to me. I love this phone just wish it would work correctly. 

0 Likes