hotspot
Meglove5678

I've Been Using The Hotspot Since I Don't Have The Internet Right Now.... Now It Says It Comes With My Plan And When I Called Verizon To Ask If Hotspot Was Free They Said NO It Runs The Data Up More But Yet Online Says It's Like Wi-Fi So My Question Is Is It Free Or Does It Go Against Your Data....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: hotspot
Not applicable

The hotspot uses data. Whether or not it's free depends on what plan you have. If you are on a Share Everything plan then yes it's include for free. But it still uses data and counts against you data cap.

View solution in original post

wirelessman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me start that this is based on my findings. I still have "Unlimited Data" plan and no the WiFi hotspot isn't free. At least in my case, I'm on a 4G network and I pay $30 a month for this . My brother told me Verizon didn't offer Unlimited Data , but the truth is , they don't anymore. My contract runs out in 7 to 8 months and if I want to upgrade to a new phone, I will have to sign a new contract without Unlimited Data ! This wasn't your question...sorry. What I do is run my Laptop off my WiFi hotspot and if I stream a video, it can turn into 1 to 2 GB of Data in just 90 min to 2 hours. I'm not sure what the limits are on Data plans , but the Verizon Girl told me Im not well suited for a Data Plan with limits ! I like being able to carry my Laptop anywhere I go and have killer fast internet. How Fast ? I have measured 15,000kbps downstream and 18,000kbps upstream ! No , that's not as fast as my Charter 100MBPS I have at home on my desktop, but it is fast enough to stream video or TV or send videos or upload video to facebook very quick.  4G ROCKS ! I cant really say anything about 3G, haven't had it for a while now. I used to have a Palm Pre Plus about a year and a half ago, and they did offer a FREE WIFI HOTSPOT ! I asked why it didn't come free with my Droid....she said sales were slow with the Palm devices and it was added to improve sales. Oh well.  I hope this helped you with your questions.

0 Likes
Meglove5678

I Have a 4G phone & Verizon CC said it wasn't free but it's in the plan i have i can't find anything online to help me out

0 Likes
Not applicable

The hotspot uses data. Whether or not it's free depends on what plan you have. If you are on a Share Everything plan then yes it's include for free. But it still uses data and counts against you data cap.

wirelessman
Enthusiast - Level 3

AMERICA'S CHOICE 450 =$39.99/mo
250 Messages$5.00/mo

My Unlimited Data is $30 and Hotspot is $30 . If I didnt have unlimited data , I'd be paying for data just like anyone else, $20 per 1st 2GB and $20 for each GB after . My earlier post was in fact a link...thats why its was jumbled up...I guess.

Message was edited by: wirelessman  When I post this , on my end the bill looks all jumbled, what do you see ?Above is my Bill charges, add it up and you see I pay about $100 mo. Because I message my Daughter (I have  2Grand Children) a lot , I pay a little xtra for going over my 250 message allotment . My bill this coming month is $111.00. I dont know what plan you have but my Hotspot is an add on. I also dont worry about paying for Data. I have read that all hotspots with Verizon cost $30 month.  Does your plan/bill look like mine , besides the unlimited data ?

Sorry I couldnt be of any help.

0 Likes
wirelessman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Brian , you cleared that up very nice !

0 Likes
House44

What I do to get around not having the Hot Spot, is using Bluetooth tethering. I link my 2 devices by bluetooth and it gives my tablet an internet connection if I am out of the house and there is no free Wi-Fi. Works pretty well too!

0 Likes