how to save a pic from an email
mackmech

I love my droid x but I can't find an answer  on how to save a pic from an email. Does anyone know how to do this or what app will help me ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to save a pic from an email
Wildman
Legend

mackmech wrote:

Good Morning Wildman and again thank you for your help... The pic that I'm trying to save is coming in on my comcast.net server and not a mms, I'm not sure why its showing a preview of the pic but it is. Holding the pic doesn't do anything but the i.

If you are seeing the "i" in the right hand lower corner you have opening the image in the viewer (need to back up one step and then instead of tapping to open, hold on file information and menu should open to save item), you need not open the file to see menu, the menu will not show if you open into the viewer,(If you see "i" you are in viewer), when on previous screen before image is opened is when you need to press and hold to get option menu to save.  I have been saving images from emails without issue following this example....

1. Open Email

2. At top there should be the number and the words "View Attachments" - Click on View Attachments

3. Now you should have a list of attachments with a arrow next to it if not downloaded.

4. Click file you want to download and you should get a animation where the arrow was that is indicating its being downloaded.

5. Once the animation stops this means file has been downloaded to a temp file to be viewed.

6. Now Press and Hold on file text and a window should open with three options - VIEW - SAVE- and SHARE

7. Select Save from list

8. Once complete it will have a little message at bottom of page that says "File was downloaded to SD Card"

9. Now file will be saved in SD / Messages folder on SD Card.

I am needing a screen shot app that doent need root or other pc to show instructions...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deesee79

blackmoon in app store........

free

let's you save email / d-load email attachments

0 Likes
mackmech

Thank you Deesee, Does it work on other email or just Gmail?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You do not need any extra apps.... Just open message, click attachments cell and click the file from list to be downloaded and file will be downloaded to SD/Messages folder...

0 Likes
mackmech

You do not need any extra apps.... Just open message, click attachments cell and click the file from list to be downloaded and file will be downloaded to SD/Messages folder...

I open the email.. open the picture but I can't get anything else to happen.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Im sorry, I left out a step, after you download file, then hold on file on list (Do not Open) and then select save from the menu.

Ok let try this again

1. Open Email

2. At top there should be the number and the words "View Attachments" - Click on View Attachments

3. Now you should have a list of attachments with a arrow next to it if not downloaded.

4. Click file you want to download and you should get a animation where the arrow was that is indicating its being downloaded.

5. Once the animation stops this means file has been downloaded to a temp file to be viewed.

6. Now Press and Hold on file text and a window should open with three options - VIEW - SAVE- and SHARE

7. Select Save from list

8. Once complete it will have a little message at bottom of page that says "File was downloaded to SD Card"

9. Now file will be saved in SD / Messages folder on SD Card.

0 Likes
mackmech

Hello Wildman and thank you for trying to help me.

This is what I'm doing.. I unlock the phone.. press the email icon.. I have the list of emails..

I press the email that has the pic I'm trying to save and it opens...below the sender theres a small pic of what I'm trying to save and its a jpg. file.. If I press the menu button I get (move.. mark unread.. flag).. I press on the small pic and it opens full screen..

theres a small on the bottom of the pic that if pressed tells you the resolution and size of the pic..if I press the menu button now if does nothing.. pressing and holding the pic does nothing either.... what am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ok I see where the problem is, you are working with a MMS not a email as originally reported because emails dont display email picks until opened...

In this case...

1. Go to Text Messages view, threader veiw that shows the pic preview when its not opened.

2. Press and hold on Pic

3. Select Save from the list\

4. Now the pic should be saved in SD/Messages folder

Let me know if this works for you, I just sent myself one to double check..

0 Likes
mackmech

Good Morning Wildman and again thank you for your help... The pic that I'm trying to save is coming in on my comcast.net server and not a mms, I'm not sure why its showing a preview of the pic but it is. Holding the pic doesn't do anything but the i.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

When you open the email you should be able to hit the menu button then choose an option for the attachment. Depending on which email carrier the message is through determines the size of the actual attachment you can receive. Hope this helps.

0 Likes