i am not receiving text messages
breezyelyss
Can someone help me? I'm not receiving text messages which is making me crazy. I can send them, no problem and the person I send texts to is definitely receiving the ones I send but I'm not receiving anything back. How can I fix this ASAP?
0 Likes
Re: i am not receiving text messages
oneromc

I have been experiencing the same problem for about 3 weeks now.  Placed a call into support, at first they suggested that I upgrade to a new phone!  Eventually was able to get them to put in a trouble ticket but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

0 Likes
Re: I am not receiving text messages
Redcurlysue

also not receiving text messages  - I was until I visited the Verizon booth in the mall  the other day to ask about a upgrade since then - nothing ?

0 Likes
Re: i am not receiving text messages
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your replies.

OP/

Good afternoon breezyelyss,

I know how frustrating it must be not receiving your text messages. Has this issue been resolved for you? If it hasn't  we do need additional information to resolve your issue. What device do you have? Are you not receiving texts from only one particular contact or is this happening with everyone? If it’s just one contact, I would recommend for them to disable their auto signature if they have one. Are you using a third party application to send/receive texts or are you using the pre-installed application that came with your device? If you’re using a third party application I recommend you use the pre-installed application to check if the issue persists.  Also, remove any messaging treads or any messages you no longer need. I also suggest you remove the battery from your device for about 30 seconds, reinsert, and then turn on your device. If you are still experiencing difficulties receiving text messages please post with the answers of the previous questions so we can better assist. Have a great day.

0 Likes
Redcurlysue

I just wanted to answer those question pertaining to myself I have the Android Incredible (HTC) . I have installed the 4.06.605.3 software. I have rebooted / cleared cache and deleted all voice mails and old text - I am OK on storage and am using the original application for voice and text.  But no luck as of Sunday I am getting no text (from anyone ) and today I realized that I am not getting messages now - someone just called back and said I left a message yesterday?

After reading your post - I took the battery out (for 30 seconds)  and replaced and still no luck .

Please help I'm missing business calls !

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I am sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with receiving text messages on your phone. I understand your discontent as I myself use text messaging constantly. A few things first. The latest software version for the Incredible will show build number 4.08.605.2. If you have 4.06, please check for updates. If your phone says the system is up to date, try setting your time up by an hour, then try a full month to see if you have the option to update. Try turning on airplane mode and back off. If you are getting any error messages when completing the update, try these steps. 

1. Boot into recovery
    • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  2. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
  3. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
  4. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
  5. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
  6. Select "Reboot system now"

If you are still having issues completing the update, I would recommend a factory reset. This should allow you to get the updated software on your device and start receiving messages again. The factory reset will erase information on your device and reset it to default settings. Data on the SD card will not be lost. 

If you are unable to complete it at this time, please download this hotfix to your Incredible. This will also resolve most text messaging issues, but will not ensure you have the current software on your device. 

0 Likes
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

the same thing happened to me... is topped getting text messages on thursday night.

they never came back until i got my phone to actually INSTALL the 4.08 update (which will fix the low icon space data errors)....

i had to delete my top 8 largest applications (facebook, twitter, slacker, etc) and then i had to push the date of my phone ahead by 1 month.  it downloaded the new software immediately and actually rebooted and installed.

i sat back, watched the low data space icon disappear and listened to the sounds of a million texts come in all at once.  lol

the only problem then was that all my music, pictures, ringtones could not be found (they WERE there).  they did exist on my sd card and on my phone, but the phone couldn't find them.  i installed a MEDIA FINDER application and then it found and put everything back where it belonged!

now my phone is rocking!  hard!  *knocks on wood*

0 Likes
krobles

Jennster - Would you be able to walk me through how you pushed the date forward a month and how you recovered all your media with the media finder? I'm about to do the same thing on my phone, but am worried that I'll screw the whole thing up. Customer Service has been no help at all.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello All,

I know text messaging is a very common and significant form of communication.  I would like to assist anyone who is still having opportunities with receiving text messages.  From your device launch the browser and type this url http://dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk <>   Hit go after the url address is correctly typed in.  Once you hit go navigate your attention to the top of the device and pull the notification bar down and tap once it states complete.  A black window should pop up stating the download was complete.  At this point power cycle your device and test an incoming text message and you should be able to receive it.  Please respond with your results.  I hope this helps.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beto_cls

Hi TominqueBo, I posted this comment in a different thread a couple days ago but haven't had a response yet. I'm hoping maybe you can help.  I'm still having problems sending texts, but I can now receive texts ok.  I'm using the stock messaging app which I forgot to state in my original comment.  Please help!  Thanks!

My original comment from 2/1/12:

OK, so I'm somewhat new to this fabulous party.  Recently I started having problems with texting.  I could still receive, but not send and getting the "com.android.mms has stopped working unexpectedly" error message.  Then last week stopped receiving texts completely.

I'm running Android 2.3.4.  Just yesterday I was able to finally install the 4.08.605.2 software update but that didn't fix the texting issue.  I found another post referencing that hotfix (inc8049.apk) for the texting problem, and successfully applied it so now I can receive again but still cannot send.

I have one text that sits in the "Undelivered" folder that can't be deleted or resent no matter what.  I can't seem to delete any other texts prior to the date of this undelivered text, but can delete out ones after that date.  I think if there's a way to clear out that one undelivered text it might solve my problem.

Please help, but I'm afraid the answer is gonna be "factory reset" and I'm skeptical that will work because I've read plenty of these forums (and on forums in other android sites) and factory reset hasn't worked for any of them.

Thanks for anyone's assistance!

0 Likes