i have a driod ultra and it was working completely fine and then all of a sudden it went black and i cant even power it on or off and it doesnt show no sign of a charge, i also just did a system update a few days ago
suziec812

i have a driod ultra and it was working completely fine and then all of a sudden it went black and i cant even power it on or off and it doesnt show no sign of a charge, i also just did a system update a few days ago

0 Likes
Re: i have a driod ultra and it was working completely fine and then all of a sudden it went black and i cant even power it on or off and it doesnt show no sign of a charge, i also just did a system update a few days ago
B33
Legend

If you can run into a Corporate store have them have a Look at it see what they can do, can you recall what it had on the  battery before it went blank.?  was it Full >>  mid full  or was it near empty?

0 Likes
Re: i have a driod ultra and it was working completely fine and then all of a sudden it went black and i cant even power it on or off and it doesnt show no sign of a charge, i also just did a system update a few days ago
suziec812

The battery was mid full

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Another Customer & member on here.. said he is having issues with his Droid Maxx which is basically the same phone but larger he is having issue with his apps so I'd say the update that came out is not of the Good variety but once it's downloaded there is no uninstalling it, so on that if you can't get it to re-power up or can't get it to charge then I'd say you'll have to get a replacement..

That is all that can be Done..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'll add if there's a Way you can call customer service with another phone.. Ask them what you can do have them look over your account tell them the issue your having currently you cannot get your phone to do anything and this was after running the latest update with a Full battery which I assuming it had..

There Number is 1-800-922-0204 or *611 Via mobile  use option 4 ask to Talk to a Representative have the Rep.. trouble shoot all issue your seeing and ask for a Tear 2 Rep that Rep will go over all the issues your seeing and will determine then if a new phone can be sent out.. since it sounds like it's software related you should be able to get a replacement..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

suziec812,

So sorry to see that your phone is not powering on! I have to concur, it does sound to me that replacing it will be necessary. Couple of quick things to try to be sure. Try connecting it to a charger for 15 minutes then power it on while connected. You can also try pressing both the power and the volume down for 20 seconds. If it does come on doing that, try placing the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1vFehio . If the device does not even power on to the Motorola screen and is just blank trying each of these options, this indicates replacing it will be necessary.

Best of luck,

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EDaley

Did you ever get your Ultra working?  Mine has done the same thing today and because I was told it is out of warranty there is nothing that can be done with the device.

0 Likes