i receive junk messages which alert me with a + symbol and a * symbol. How do I eliminate these?
mikeisover50

mbol at the top. How do I eliminate these

0 Likes
Re: i receive junk messages which alert me with a + symbol and a * symbol. How do I eliminate these?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you are referring to notification ads.  These are tied in with one of the apps you installed, instead of in app ads, they push them to your notification bar.  To find out which app is pushing these ads, install and use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.addetector&feature=nav_other#?t=W251bGwsMS...  Once you figure out which app is pushing the ads and which service they are using (Airpush is the most common) you can either uninstall the app or, if available, opt out of the service.

0 Likes
Re: i receive junk messages which alert me with a symbol and a * symbol. How do I eliminate these?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, mikeisover50!

I know its frustrating to see so many unwanted ads/notifications on the device. Have you been able to follow @demmo86rt recommendation to fix? Another good app to find these apps is Air Push Detector. I've used that in the past myself. Keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes