incredible keeps turning itself off
ManDown

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this Droid Incredible powering itself off problem?  I am missing calls and don't know the phone is off.

0 Likes
Re: incredible keeps turning itself off
berkeleywalker

My phone is doing the same thing, especially since the system update Thursday night. It seems to reboot immediately, but it is annoying, noisy, and, I suspect battery draining. What's up with this?

0 Likes
Vicki070212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. I called customer service and they send me another phone because its still under warranty. I activated the phone that was sent to me and its still doing the same thing. Not only that the phone gets really hot!!!>....WTH is going on

firefly062
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just adding in a new thread that this is happening to me too. Every night since the system update at 2/2:30 am my Droid starts rebooting over and over. I am either woken up by the DROID noise over and over or the flashing lights over and over.

A new phone is not going to help, it's not the hardware, it's clearly the system update.

ewwdot

Went to the Verizon store Fri night & guy uninstalled Battery Doctor saying there was a conflict.  Don't bother, didn't fix the issue.  Only thing I've done is turn phone to silent at night - - it's that or taking the battery out.

At least I'm due for an upgrade in 2 weeks.

0 Likes
firefly062
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have Battery Doctor on my phone. It's not an apps problem, it's a software problem. Everyone started having the problem as soon as the system update took place.

I was due for an upgrade in January but really like this phone and want to keep it until it dies...this isn't the end of this phone, but the software/system problem has to be fixed, it's obnoxious. Even on silent the phone turns on full brightness over and over as it reboots a bunch of times for no reason.

dariaakers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is doing the same thing. I was using the alarm to know when to feed my baby and I can't now. This started happening after the system upgrade and it is driving me crazy.

0 Likes
ManDown

This has been going on since before the software update in my case.  I am missing calls, appointments, and prescriptions I have to take.  I would hate to wipe this phone out for the fourth time since I got it.  Maybe we are the beta testers???? 

0 Likes
Fedup76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue with my phone since way before the update. I cant run an app for longer than 10 min before my phone shuts down and restarts. It gets really hot! Ive had to put it in the fridge to cool it down. No kiddin!! If I dont, it keeps restarting over and over again. Not to mention the 2:30 am wake up calls from phone saying "DROID". I cant even charge the piece of junk. This is the 2nd phone I've received. The first one got destroyed. I had to pay the $99 deductible for this one. Its been nothing but trouble. AT&T is starting to sound really good right now.