keyboard issues
Scootie
Enthusiast - Level 3
When in landscape mode Everytime I press the spacebar The keyboard disappears And has to be brought back up in all applications
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: keyboard issues
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Many people have had good luck resolving general keyboard issues by turning off the Word Prediction feature.  (You usin gthe stock Keyboard or did you install a 3rd party one?)

Settings / Language & Keyboard / Multi-Touch Keyboard Settings / Next word prediction  - turn it off

Otherwise you might want to try to CLEAR CACHE ... let us know if you can't find the procedure using the SEARCH feature up above.

good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Many people have had good luck resolving general keyboard issues by turning off the Word Prediction feature.  (You usin gthe stock Keyboard or did you install a 3rd party one?)

Settings / Language & Keyboard / Multi-Touch Keyboard Settings / Next word prediction  - turn it off

Otherwise you might want to try to CLEAR CACHE ... let us know if you can't find the procedure using the SEARCH feature up above.

good luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cody i unchecked that setting an a few other settings on my X it seems alittle smoother but we'll test for a few day an see how it goes thank you Sir.

0 Likes
sweetheart86

Cody21,

You're pretty awesome! Haha THANK YOU for posting this! I was having the same problem and just decided to write periods after every word until I was able to go to Verizon to have them look at it or maybe get another one, but, I turned off the word prediction and I can use my spacebar again! No more "why are you using periods after every word?" for me :smileyhappy: Thanks!!! Now if I could just get my camera to take pictures again I'd be a very happy girl lol.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

((blushes))  ... We're all Glad to help. 

0 Likes
lostinmyphone

Thank you soooo much! Turning off word predicition just fixed this issue on my Droid 2.  It started freezing in Facebook, then moved to texting and then email.  I was driving my kids crazy calling them because I could not text.

My question is, why doesn't Verizon fix this if it is a known issue?

Also, oops, my daughter just said my texts are repeating now.  Sigh.

0 Likes