keypad problem - checking voice mail
mwilk34

I dial *86 for my voice mail.  A numeric keypad displays.  When I press a number to enter my password the screen goes blank.  Anyone else have the problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: keypad problem - checking voice mail
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Is it a dark blank or its on but blank.
0 Likes
mwilk34

Black screen.  Problem is that the keys do not work so I can get my voice mail.

0 Likes
derbyjoe

Yes - this happens to me intermittently - not just for voicemail. It can happen on any call where you are prompted to enter information on the keypad. Very annoying. I am on my second Bionic (the first was returned due to multiple problems), and I have had the issue on both phones. I also know two other people with Bioincs having the same issue.

This appears to be a bug. Does anyone know the best way to report this. My local Verizon store claims they have never heard of the issue.

0 Likes
cyclechik42

I have the same issue. Called Verizon to complain, and they swapped it for another which does the same thing. This time Verizon transferred my call to Motorola, who had no idea what I was talking about. You should call Motorola; maybe with enough calls they'll put it on their "bug list"!

0 Likes
magicpat

I have the same problem. The keypad goes black when I try to use numbers for automated calls such as to Verizon. Actually that's how I discovered the problem. I turned on speakerphone and the keypad worked. Weird, eh? It's not a fix but it is a work around until they can (if they can) fix the problem with an update.

0 Likes
JoyfulJewel

I have this same problem almost all the time. I will shake my phone, try holding it in a different position, touching the numbers on the edge of each number rather than directly, etc etc etc   Sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes not.  I usually have to go out of voicemail and back in several times before I can get the keypad to take my password.  Does anyone no how to turn off the need for a password?

0 Likes