memory and messaging problems
chef_esten

alright, ive had a incredible 2 for under a year it has the basic 500 or so mb of space on it, plus an additional 4 gb on an sd card. only about 1/4 of either is taken up by anything and it constantly tells me there is low storage to the point where it forces programs closes. and also recently text messages have stopped receiving and i can only send. is there a reason for this?

0 Likes
Re: memory and messaging problems
Wildman
Legend

I am starting to compare Android and the Incredible hardware to Windows ME and the memory management issues that showed its head on a number of systems ..   For some reason either the hardware, or software's memory manger is experiencing issues interpreting the data that it is receiving that is causing the memory to be handled like virtual ram which causes a low storage flag any time a large amount of apps are accessing the memory at the same time.

Hopefully the developers can identify the issue and create a fix, it must be a bit of a difficult solution to work through because even the developers communities hasn't resolve this even with custom roms which make me see this issue being a hardware not software conflict..

0 Likes
Re: memory and messaging problems
Not applicable

Chef_esten,

I apologize that you are having issues with your device. Thank you to the community for responding. I would be more then willing to help. When you started getting the low storage error did you clear your application memory cache? I would go into some of your apps like messaging or Facebook and clear your data and cache. What applications are you using when you get the "force close" error? Have you recently added applications? Regarding your issue about receiving text messages are you using a 3rd party application? If so, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it?

To verify if it is a hardware or software issue I would suggest doing a master reset on the device. Here are the steps to do so:

1. From the home screen, touch Menu 
  2. Touch Settings  
  3. Touch SD & phone storage 
  4. Touch Factory data reset 
  5. Tap Reset phone 
  6. Tap Erase everything 
  7. Device will begin to reset

If you do the master reset and you are still having issues then it could be the hardware. At that point we would have a conversation about replacement options.

Please answer these questions and perform the suggested measures.

I am certain that your issue will be resolved.

Thank You,

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes