message "unfortunately, the process com. android.phone has stopped"
hmbbuggy

My phone was working fine till I did the April update just a couple of days ago. Now I have no service and the message

"unfortunatley, the process com. android.phone has stopeed working.

I haven't update any apps in months, I have tried a shutting the phone off and one. Have revoved the batterey and reinserted to

see if that would help. I even went in and killed some apps I never downloaded and do not use.

I can hook up to my home wi fi but can not get verizone signal.

I have been working on this phone for 6 hours now. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: message "unfortunately, the process com. android.phone has stopped"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a system cache clear; if that doesn't help, back everything up, remove your SD card to be on the safe side, and do a factory reset.  See this thread for more info.:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a system cache clear; if that doesn't help, back everything up, remove your SD card to be on the safe side, and do a factory reset.  See this thread for more info.:

0 Likes
hmbbuggy

Tikibar1, thank you so much for the feedback. I tried everything then removed the SD card and did a factory reset.

My phone now is working I am connected to verizon and all my contacts are still there. I haven't checked out

any of my apps, but not worried about them. Main thing was to get the cell to work.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear that your phone is up and running again. 

0 Likes