mic issues
woodsxdragon

All of a sudden today my mic just cut out. The one on the video works but the normal one And the one for speakerphone both just make static. I can hear people fine but they hear static on my end. I did a cache wipe And a factory data reset. Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: mic issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woodsxdragon

Thanks for the details.  If the factory data reset did not resolve the issue, then we may need to look into the manufacturer's warranty for you.  Is there any physical or water damage present on the device? Have we checked to make sure the software is up to date as well?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woodsxdragon,

This is frustrating I am sure. We want to make sure that we look into your device. When you did a factory reset on the device did you chose to have everything auto loaded back into the phone? If so, we encourage you to reset your device and not do auto restore.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
woodsxdragon

I did not do an auto restore cause I was wondering if it was an app. I did some testing and I can record video And the sound will be recorded with that mic but my phone and speakerphone mic still don't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woodsxdragon

Thanks for the details.  If the factory data reset did not resolve the issue, then we may need to look into the manufacturer's warranty for you.  Is there any physical or water damage present on the device? Have we checked to make sure the software is up to date as well?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
woodsxdragon

Other than normal scratches outside the case no damages that I see. Everything else works fine. I have no clue if its under manufacturer warranty or not.

0 Likes
woodsxdragon

Oh and yes newest updates

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information woodsxdragon! Manufacturers' warranty is 12 months. I sent a direct message, please reply to it and I'll check if you are still within warranty.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
woodsxdragon

I actually used a backup phone and called tech support last night and my phone got here today so I'm back in business. Thank you for the support though

0 Likes