motorola droid overheating
amcron57

Having problems with my Droid getting really hot, almost to the point that it feels like its overheating.  Has anybody experience this?

0 Likes
Re: motorola droid overheating
Not applicable

They will overheat in the car dock and stop charging.  You have to put them in the shade.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I know on my android phone it gets hot yes. Even when it is charging it does get hot or if i am talking on the phone for a long time. I haven't had any serious issues. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I've quit using the window mount as it's pretty much useless.  The phone overheats and eats the battery like crazy when using google nav.  Bought a vent mount and haven't had an issue with charging or overheating.

0 Likes
jeb_hoge

This happened with my Ally too. I'm pretty bothered by it.

0 Likes
dsatt57

Check the syching, I know for a while there was some bug that would cause the calendar to synch constantly which overheated it and ran the battery down.

It happened twice to me and I turned off the calender synch for a while. It seems to be fixed now.

0 Likes
Trad666

I have had the same problem. I just put a small 12V fan (about 1.5 inches in diameter, then wired it straight to fuse box in my truck) behind it and drill some holes (about 5 holes at  1/4 inch) in my Car dock. Problem fixed!

0 Likes
Phigment
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same problem with the car mount.  I've also had the problem with the multimedia docking station (one on nightstand and one on my desk at work) though, for whatever reason, it seems that the phone gets considerably hotter when it's in the station at work.

Are the vent mounts good?  Are they specific for the Droid or just a generic cell phone holder that you can mount on your A/C vent?

Thanks!

Phig

0 Likes
valleyguy

yes, I have noticed it from the beginning .. particularly when you are taking pictures or video and while using the GPS! It gets hot to the point you can't hold it in your hands! The battery drains so fast too.

0 Likes
Not applicable

All you have to do is find a place to mount it out of direct sunlight.

0 Likes