moving to territory without verizon coverage and being penalized for it
surfward

I totally relate to this!  I have been with Verizon over 7 years.  They have honestly been the BEST as far as customer service.  I have not "upgraded" in 4 + years, so I upgraded, therefore, renewing my contract.  So, I am no longer "month-to-month".  Anyways, I moved, and to my surprise Verizon does not work where I live now :  (

I own 10 acres which has a FM tower on the land already.  AT&T has a tower near by, so I have filled out thier real estate tower application, Which would give them an ideal place for a tower.  I have called and done everything to get a response.  I've gotten nothing.  I've had to get an AT&T phone now and Verizon want's $330 early termination fee!

0 Likes
Re: moving to territory without verizon coverage and being penalized for it
Not applicable

Maybe you can find a friend or relative who would want to do an assumption of liability (AOL) for your line.

0 Likes
Not applicable

How are you being penalized?

0 Likes
lilahblossom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon will let you out of your contract if they don't have service there. It happened to my daughter! They aren't going to make you stay if you can't get service.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems you want to penalize Verizon, though, for an action on YOUR part.

You received a several hundred dollar price incentive on your phone when you signed your contract. You now want to cancel your contract after only 2 months of service without any penalty. The reason you received that price incentive was because you promised to

1)keep the line of service active for a period of 24 months

OR

2)pay an ETF starting at $350 and dropping by $10 for each month of your contract you complete before ending service

It now appears you want to take option two without actually paying the ETF. Yes, Verizon IS penalizing you if you cancel your service. It is ALSO a penalty YOU agreed to when you signed your contract.

It seems you should sell your almost new phone on a site such as Swappa.com where you can recoup more than the ETF you are being penalized.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I wonder how he would feel if Verizon wanted to ignore the terms of the contract for "reasons".

0 Likes