multimedia
bowsertaz

just bought a new ringtone, I cant get it saved as ringtone. it just says "save as ringtone failed" any ideas how to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: multimedia
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon bowsertaz.

I'd be frustrated if I bought a ringtone that I can't use so let's see what's going on with your phone.  Where did you download the ringtone from? VZW Media Center? Are you able to save it as a Sound? When you open the Multi Media Message, (ringtone), you can press and hold the screen when the message is open, then you should have the option to Save As.  Is this where you get the error?

If you're still having problems, please send me a Direct Message so I can personally assist you.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bowsertaz

Hello vanessa, thank you for responding to my problem with my ringtone. I purchased the ringtone (all summer long by kid rock) through verizon multimedia, I recieved the text message with the song, then I pressed down on the text untill the menu came up, then I pressed "save as ringtone" it came back with a message "save as ringtone failed" and will not let me save it to set as my ringtone. any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thank you,

bowsertaz

0 Likes
ellyeinstein

I have the DroidX and I cannot believe this problem still exists.  I've seen posts from 2010 saying that they purchased a ringtone online.  the text was sent to the phone and when you try and "save audio" and it says error saving attachment.  I'm having the same problem.

the droidlife website said this was on the fix release list for November 2011 but it is still not fixed.  what is the fix for this?

thank you for your help.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bowsertaz,

Nice ringtone selection.  Let's figure this out together.  I want to find the common denominator and you can help me do so by answering the following questions.  I know this seem elementary, but I want to make sure you have tried this already.  Have you removed the battery powered up and attempted to re-save?  Have you ever purchased a ringtone and saved it successfully on this same device prior?  Currently can you save other ringtones and save?  Here is a suggestion I would like for you to try.  Purchase the "All Summer Long" ringtone again and please advise me if you are still receiving the error.  (I will adjust the bill if you are charged twice)  If you are still unsuccessful please try to download a completely different ringtone, if you have not already tried this and advise me of the results. (I will adjust bill if needed)  After you post the answers to these questions I will analyze the results to further assist you.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes