my droid X2 "modem did not power up, starting rsd protocol"
cecily_51

Okay, so i shall first start by saying i dropped my phone over 2 months ago but have NEVER had any problems since then, i do not have a warranty on this phone, and i don't have much money to spend. The day before yesterday my phone started showing "no service" and thinking it would be easily fixed by turning my phone off then on i proceeded to do so only to see the error message "modem did not power up (2), starting RSD protocol"! I was shocked, confused and upset. I don't know what to do, i have tried everything. A friend of mine said that since it is a software problem and not because i had dropped it (months back, and was still working perfectly) that perhaps i could take it back and get it fixed for free? Am i to assume this would be the case or is there more i can do at home to save my phone?! Please, please help!

0 Likes
Re: my droid X2 "modem did not power up, starting rsd protocol"
madinwyo

Did you ever get an answer on your question? My phone started doing that tonight and it was just sitting on my couch.

0 Likes
rowalker84

same for me and I was just listening to youtube NO methods of fixing this are working for me

0 Likes
Not applicable

Try the solutions in this thread. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/772503  Motorola forums also suggest to simply remove the sim card and reinsert it.  Good Luck

0 Likes