my droid bionic had 4g lte this morning in corpus christi, tx
Casey6022
Enthusiast - Level 2

good morning guys,

i woke up this morning, always check to see if it needs to be charged for the day and to my amaement, it showed 4g lte on the top of my phone, even had 5 bars...now that is very odd, i ws told that corpus christi is not getting 4g lte anytime soon, maybe in 2013....has anyone else from corpus christi seen this on there bionic?

still got 5 bars, but the 4g lte went away. can someone from verizon please verify this..its what is holding me up getting the new iphone 5!

thanks guys for any info you can give.

>Personal info removed<

scadarick

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: my droid bionic had 4g lte this morning in corpus christi, tx
alifro

My 4G started this week here in Corpus...but it pops in and out.  I'm also discovering that all of a sudden my droid doesn't want to hold a charge for the day.  Even without using the phone, my phone was dead by 2 pm  this week.  Not sure what is going on.  iPhone users can turn off their 4G, but I haven't found that option.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

To turn off 4G on Bionic:

settings

wireless & networks

mobile networks

network mode

choose 'CDMA only' from drop-down

Current 4G LTE market list doesn't include Corpus:

http://news.verizonwireless.com/LTE/Markets.html

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey i was so happy when i discovered 4G on my phone and in my Area that i Darn Neared Dropped my Maxx on my Computer Desk. If they haven't officially Announced it.. It will probably come in a Short Time i'll put on here the Site that i go to and shows who will get it soon So you can Take a Look for your Self..

http://news.verizonwireless.com/LTE/Overview.html

Tiki i didn't have the Link Site or the Area of it Thanks for Posting it and i have it Tagged for my Future Use.. b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

B:  Which Maxx did you almost drop? 

To the other posters:  if you haven't already, you also can sign up at that site in B33's post to receive notification of when 4G will be available in your area.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The one i Got in Feb. It kind of makes things Feel wide Open.! and something i don't want to Happen again..

0 Likes
Casey6022
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

cannot open your attachment

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Casey6022,

After thorough review I was able to confirm that although the 4G build out has not been fully completed in Corpus Christi, we are aggressively working on expanding 4G LTE coverage in this area as well as across the United States. To stay up to date on which cities will get the blazing fast speeds of 4G LTE please visit:

http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/home

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes