new update and trouble with youmail
wvps06

Started friday (may 10th) i cannot get my voicemails from you mail... it says problems connecting to the you mail service. check your network connections and try again.... ive done everything far from calling verizon and having them reset or reset the phone that just updated everything, ive even sent messages to support on youmail anyone else having issues or can help me

0 Likes
Re: new update and trouble with youmail
whoopie69

Its Verizon adding there software to the phones. This over the last year has cost me 15 to 20 thousand in lost jobs which were given to others because i did not get voicemail or calls due to updates that were supposed to enhance service . verizon tried to blame it on Motorola and Samsung. Their own techs and other carriers not having these problems proves there info stealing software is the problem. Will contact a lawyer,business is business, there product not living up to contract. P S they have sent me 12 different phones, which are fine till updates are done.

Message was edited by: steve    >> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, I use YouMail on my Droid 4 - and it seems to be working fine.  I just logged in to Youmail on my computer, and dialed in on my phone.  I had no new messages, but the saved messages were there and I could listen to them on the phone or on the computer.

** I just called my cell from my home phone, was able to leave a message (and it was my YouMail greeting, not the Verizon one).  I got the email notification, and I can listen on line or by calling YouMail to retrieve the message as well. 

Are you using an app to connect to YouMail?  I don't use an app, just set it up and use it "manually".  It works that way.

0 Likes
maxym

Hi! Max from YouMail here.

We had a problem early this morning on our Android server. It's all fixed now, so you shouldn't have anymore problems with the App connecting to YouMail. We're currently investigating exactly what happened to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I also recommend checking to ensure your calls still get sent to YouMail, since you asked Verizon to reset some settings on your phone. If you find that Verizon voicemail is picking up, open up the App > Menu > Preferences > Connect to YouMail

0 Likes
awarsoca

Still having the issue.  I have to force a manual load more messages inside the app to get it to download.  I get the email saying I have a VM. It is available on the website, the app just isn't downloading it.  I have also done the reenter PIN trick as well

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same here - I had not used the app, just a manual connection to YouMail... but I did download the app and try to connect and it's giving me the same "check network settings" error you mentioned.  Looks like there's still an issue - I'll just go back to using it without the app - I still get an email and can listed to the messages by calling YouMail.  It works fine without the app, though if the app gets fixed I'll use that!

0 Likes