overheating battery
trout82
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the update my phone is getting so hot i cant hold it up to my face. I am also having alot of data drops. I have done two FDR's cleared cach and called tech. My phone is no longer under warranty so they will not replace. I have installed a battery app to moniter the temps and have been all the way to 141f which my phone then froze until i pulled the battery out and let i cool. Any ideas or am i about to spend $600 on a new phone?

0 Likes
Re: overheating battery
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

maybe you need a new battery

0 Likes
trout82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two batteries the oem battery and extended Motorola battery i bought in September. It does it with both. The data drops and battery problem didn't start until i took the ICS update. Im not complaining about the update it has mase the phone better except the two problems im having.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you had the update installed long?  Reason I ask is that the first few days, ICS optimizes your phone ... during that time the battery life is poor and the phone can act rather wonky.  Things should then settle down.

0 Likes
trout82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since 10/20.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd say the optimization is more than complete!  I've heard of folks' batteries getting warm, but not as hot as you describe.

0 Likes
trout82
Enthusiast - Level 2

The extended battery can take the heat. The oem battery developed bubbles from the heat. I now have to use a old samsung flip phone w/o data until i can dish the dough for something else. Im really surprised motorola or verizon wont extend the warranty and replace with another bionic.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting Motorola and see if they'll at least replace the battery?

0 Likes
trout82
Enthusiast - Level 2

The extended was under warranty so i will be getting one any day now. I doubt it is the batteries bit maybe having two faulty is a possibility.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Trout is the Non OEM battery)  the one that is getting Hot if so don't use it.. either go back to a Motorola Original  if you can get a Motorola Extended battery from Verizon, they should still carry them they may have to Order it but they should be able to get you one.. As for the non O.E.M i don't care for them at all and have heard bad stories on them...

0 Likes