phone has gotten worse
sagan
Enthusiast - Level 1

at first my droid wouldn't unlock or allow me to use the touch screen without sliding it open. Now it wont unlock at all and I can't use the touch screen at all not even to answer calls. this went from ok to terrible in a day.

Re: phone has gotten worse
Not applicable

sagan,

I apologize you are experiencing issues with the touch screen. Have we done any troubleshooting with you?  I would like to help you further. Please PM me if you are still in need of assistance.

Thank you!

0 Likes
shawn5380

Exact same thing here.

0 Likes
mnmomma

Mine (droid2) did the same thing today so I took it into the store. It was actually originally opening up on its own and opening apps and texting, typing on it's own. Also deleted some of my stuff... The guy working there was utterly clueless so he got tech on the phone and they did a reset. Still won't work and now I can't even open it!!!! And all my apps are gone! He just kept pushing me to buy a new phone isntead. The Droid is the suckiest phone out there!!! So now here I sit with a plan and a piece of shit that won't work.

0 Likes
Drakuli
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of a few days ago I have been afraid of even trying to keep my lock on the phone. Because it acts like I am tapping or swyping near the center and even just regularly unlocking the phone becomes a task in itself. I really hate it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mnmomma

I'm sorry to hear your having an issue with your device. Let's get this fixed as quick as possible.

Are you encountering  an error message on the device? Please remove the battery for 30 seconds. Then reinsert and power on. Does the device power on to the main screen?

Let's rule out an application causing this issue. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's a link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35030

Please let me know if this helps, if not I would be glad to further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
paigebarbrey

I have had the same problem. I constantly reset my phone and the glitches and spazzing out gets worse and worse. I am going sometime this weekend to Verizon. I don't know if my insurance will cover me to get a new phone because of these problems.

0 Likes