phone loosing gallery pictures. a few every couple of day till no pics at all.
bigdave2000

Over the last 3 weeks the gallery is slowly dissappearing. After I take a pic, and review the pic, sometimes a thumbnail shows up, sometimes it shows the picture and then for some reason the gallery is all gone. How sweet!

I did connect it to a computer and viewed what I could, but nowhere is any pics. Bummer for motorola droid2

I did take the card out, Put it back in but still no pics.

Anyone got any ideas or can verizon help or manf.?

0 Likes
Re: phone loosing gallery pictures. a few every couple of day till no pics at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey bigdave2000!

Wow! I am sorry to hear that your pictures seem to be disappearing! We certainly want you to be able to keep and store all the special moments. Now, I see you plugged the phone into the computer and didn't find anything, but did you try and just use the SD card in the computer and see if the pictures are there? There may be a problem with the memory card slot and that once the picture is saved, the data is not transfered properly. Do you have the pictures stored anywhere else (Backup Assistant Plus or Google)? Sometimes with Backup Assistant Plus, it will back up the pictures to the server and then take them off of the phone. If you set this up recently, I would check this website to see if any are there. http://bit.ly/VcLnG4 Please let us know if this helps or if you need more assistance!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: phone loosing gallery pictures. a few every couple of day till no pics at all.
bigdave2000

Finally I found out what seemed to be wrong. The card is good as I tried it on my friends phone, same phone.

It seems somehow, something as an autotag was checked in the box is when it started to have the problems, thumbnails would show up, then no picture and slowly I lost all the pics.

It solved this problem after many tries of everything I knew of and forums that I went on. Not anywhere did I find this problem until we went though a complete matching of what was checked and what wasn't on the two phones.

I do hope this will solve many other issues that may be coming your way.

How it happened is unknown to me.

Can you tell me what autotag means for my phone

Thanks Dave

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're awesome bigdave2000! Thanks for finding that the autotag feature was making you lose those pictures. Autotag allows your phone to tag the geographic location you're at to your photo. Many applications on your computer can read that location code, so you can remember where those precious memories took place. But if your GPS is turned off or your phone has trouble finding the GPS satellite, the autotag may error out. Since the phone is confused and can't save the location tag, it's not saving the picture that goes along with it.

Thanks for sharing your finding with everyone. Have a great day.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes