phone restarting by itself. logged error code W system err(2321)
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

my phone has been acting up and cant figure out what is because of a variety of problems. a few days ago i had a problem with google search.  it force closed  and restarted itself. it just did it again today with a system error message in the loggs.

10/02/09:49:09.986 W/System.err(2321).  

this is a replacement droid2 and had it for 2 weeks. other problems,,camera wouldnt save photos, several apps force close frequently,, interference durning phone calls,,I have uninstalled and reinstalled problem apps to troubleshoot. done batt pulls, restarts over and over.  I havent been running any task killers and have been allowing the phone system to manage apps. any ideas on what is going on? let me guess a hard reset?

thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone restarting by itself. logged error code W system err(2321)
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

That's an odd issue, I haven't heard of this one before, and Google's not bringing up anything relevant either.

The only thing I can think of related to your battery drain issue shouldn't affect anything else. Are you using the included Social Networking widget for facebook? It is known to cause excessive battery drain because it syncs too often. It's going to be fixed in an update, but for now the only option is to use Facebook's own app instead of the Motorola widget. If you have other apps that are syncing, check how often they sync.

I suppose it's possible that one of the apps you downloaded could have affected system stability in that way. In which case a hard reset is probably the only thing that will fix it. You could check the comments section in the market of the apps you've downloaded to see if others have reported similar problems with a specific app. That will at least help you narrow down the cause.

Obviously, you probably don't want to do a hard reset, as it's a real hassle. While Verizon's support tends to be good, this doesn't seem like a common problem, so this might not be the right avenue for solving your issue. I would suggest signing up on the official Motorola Community Forum, here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid2?view=discussions Motorola has staff monitoring the forum, and they're especially savvy at solving problems. When they can't help you immediately, they'll often flag an engineer for assistance. And if all else fails and you have to swap your phone with Verizon for another, the Motorola guys will also file a bug report to ensure the problem gets fixed with other units.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

tried to edit to add something to make my post clear. and that is that the phone restarts it self. not the apps. I woke up to a battery that was charged befor i went to sleep. when i woke  the battery is at half or 50%. something was running in background over nitght.

0 Likes
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

That's an odd issue, I haven't heard of this one before, and Google's not bringing up anything relevant either.

The only thing I can think of related to your battery drain issue shouldn't affect anything else. Are you using the included Social Networking widget for facebook? It is known to cause excessive battery drain because it syncs too often. It's going to be fixed in an update, but for now the only option is to use Facebook's own app instead of the Motorola widget. If you have other apps that are syncing, check how often they sync.

I suppose it's possible that one of the apps you downloaded could have affected system stability in that way. In which case a hard reset is probably the only thing that will fix it. You could check the comments section in the market of the apps you've downloaded to see if others have reported similar problems with a specific app. That will at least help you narrow down the cause.

Obviously, you probably don't want to do a hard reset, as it's a real hassle. While Verizon's support tends to be good, this doesn't seem like a common problem, so this might not be the right avenue for solving your issue. I would suggest signing up on the official Motorola Community Forum, here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid2?view=discussions Motorola has staff monitoring the forum, and they're especially savvy at solving problems. When they can't help you immediately, they'll often flag an engineer for assistance. And if all else fails and you have to swap your phone with Verizon for another, the Motorola guys will also file a bug report to ensure the problem gets fixed with other units.

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3
No I didn't install the facebook. I heard the problems with it so I never put it on my phone.
0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes I am on the motorola support forum and lurk around regularly. I just got back from store and got a schedule to take a verizon android class to better understand this phone. Thanks for your post. John
0 Likes
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

You're welcome.

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3
One more thing about google,,,, I was performing a google search and app locked up. I made a report asking to fix this problem. Also I described what I did. A minuit after I sent that report I got a google request to install app that gave me trouble. I said Wow that was quick service. Is this a sign of things to come for android? If not just wishfull thinking. Lol
0 Likes