pictures
brock123

I have the droid incredible 2. I am getting a new phone so i want to make sure i save these pics to my computer or sd card. How do I do this?

0 Likes
Re: pictures
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Connect the phone to a computer as a disk drive and copy the pictures over? There might be two drives one for the internal storage and one for the SD card/external storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brock123

I have the phone connected to the computer by the charge cord. Is this what i need to do. if so then what?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the phone, pull down the notification window and select the USB connection line. Change the connection type to disk drive/mount as drive and okay it. Let the computer load the drivers.

The instructions for this are also included in the online user manual.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brock123

there is nothing in the notification window

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there isn't a USB symbol in your notification line then something isn't connected properly. Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone?

0 Likes
brock123

YES

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

On your phone, go to Settings > Connect to PC > Default Connection Type > Disk Drive and save. Then connect to your computer and see if that works.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hi brock123, I'm sorry your experiencing issues with transferring your pictures to your computer. Thanks so much for your help SydneyK. I hope your last steps resolved the customer's issue. We have a few different options to transfer pictures to your PC and listed below is a link for steps to use the Backup Assistance Plus option that we offer.

http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_backupAssistantPlus

I also wanted to provide steps for transferring your pics to your PC using Vcast Media Manager.

https://videos.verizonwireless.com/How-do-I-trnsfer-pics-videos-from-dvc/v/PK5PBAM9/

1.   From the Windows desktop, click Start > (Programs) All Programs > V CAST Media Manager > V Cast Media Manager.
  2. Drag and drop the file (music / pictures / videos) on the destination tab (Computer / Device / CD).
    Note Alternately, right-click the file then click Transfer > To Phone / To CD / To PC.

3. From the Transfers tab, ensure the destination location is selected then click START TRANSFER (located at the lower-left side of the screen).
    Note If transfering to a CD, ensure Burn Audio CD / Burn Data CD is selected then click START BURNING

To Device

To Computer

To CD

4.   If presented, adjust as desired then click OK.

• To transfer music files to the handset, ensure the device is in synchronization mode. 

• To transfer pictures / videos to the handset, ensure the device is not in synchronization mode.

5.   If presented, click OK.

Please keep me posted on your progress with utilizing the above features.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes