preparing sim card?
loridear

Phone keeps saying preparing sim card, and only emergency calls allowed. But have internet usage. Is my card bad?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: preparing sim card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! We definitely want to help find out what's happening with your phone, loridear. As our friend Ann154 mentioned, the HTC Incredible that you selected doesn't have a SIM. For most Android phones, you can find your model number and system version to share with us by going to Settings>About Phone. When you find these details, just reply back. 

If you haven't already, power down your phone and then remove the SIM for about 15 seconds before putting it back in and powering the phone back on. This may help your phone to refresh it's SIM connection and get you up and running smoothly again.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have? The space in which you asked your question is for the HTC DROID Incredible and that device was a 3G only smartphone and wasn't global ready either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! We definitely want to help find out what's happening with your phone, loridear. As our friend Ann154 mentioned, the HTC Incredible that you selected doesn't have a SIM. For most Android phones, you can find your model number and system version to share with us by going to Settings>About Phone. When you find these details, just reply back. 

If you haven't already, power down your phone and then remove the SIM for about 15 seconds before putting it back in and powering the phone back on. This may help your phone to refresh it's SIM connection and get you up and running smoothly again.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes