push notifications
Cassandyxo96

Can this phone get push notifications like Apple devices? For instance, when someone plays me back on words with friends i get a notification on my iPod but not on my phone. Please Help!

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: push notifications
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi there, 

What type of notifications are you looking to receive? Do you mean that you would like your emails to automatically come through? You would just need to pull up your email and then press Menu. From there, go to email settings, and then Email Delivery. At that point, make sure that "Data Push" is checked. 

Please post back with any additional questions. 

Thank you and have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi there, 

What type of notifications are you looking to receive? Do you mean that you would like your emails to automatically come through? You would just need to pull up your email and then press Menu. From there, go to email settings, and then Email Delivery. At that point, make sure that "Data Push" is checked. 

Please post back with any additional questions. 

Thank you and have a good day!

0 Likes
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

Sure it can get push notifications.  Your calendar events are pushed from Google calendar to your calendar.  Gmail is pushed, Yahoo Mail is pushed and if you have an email account through an internet provider you can set it up to be pushed out to your phone.  Just go into the Accounts tab and select the type of account you want to set up and follow the prompts.  

By the way, I came from the iPhone and I'm using push more on the Incredible 2 than I did with the iPhone.

0 Likes