question about verizon's smartphone internet plan
rehkhan97

Hi.

Today I was at the verizon store because i might switch, but i asked one of the employees if a data plan was required for a verizon smartphone even if i already owned a verizon smartphone without a contract. she said that i would need to pay at least 30$ a month even if i already had owned the phone without a contract. Is this true? because im with tmobile as of now, and i do not need a data plan for a smartphone i already own without a contract.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: question about verizon's smartphone internet plan
Tidbits
Legend

All carriers except T-Mobile requires a data plan to use on their network when it comes to smart phones regardless if you are under contract of not.

0 Likes
rehkhan97

Do I need to pay 30$?

Isn't there anything less?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They used to have a smaller plan, but the 2Gb plan is the smallest they have now.

0 Likes
rehkhan97

So if i have 5 lines, 3 of which will have smartphones, with unlimited texting and 2000 shared minutes how much would my bill come out to be with the taxes?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

rehkhan97 wrote:

So if i have 5 lines, 3 of which will have smartphones, with unlimited texting and 2000 shared minutes how much would my bill come out to be with the taxes?

5 lines, 3 of which with $30 data plans, unlimited texting and 2000 shared minutes will run you $220 + taxes which we can't determine because they are different depending on where you live. Anything I tell you for the taxes/fees where I live would not necessarily be relevant for where you live.

However with my 5 lines, 2 of which have $30 data plans, unlimited texting and 1400 shared minutes, I pay $32/month in taxes/fees.

I also receive an employee discount through my employer on 1 of the data plans and for my minute allowance, which also impacts the amount of taxes I pay since the amount I am taxed on is lowered by $30 due to these discounts.

rehkhan97

Does verizon have something called Regulatory Programs Fee in their bill? Tmobile has this and it costs me an extra 12$ a month.

0 Likes
akal

regulatory charges are a common charge on several carries i have been w/ nextel tmobile and currently verizonwireless and they have always had regulatory charges with what i remember and deals with covering The cost of the license fees assessed by the FCC amongst other things and other charges like administrative  and federal universal charges at least for vzw...

0 Likes
rehkhan97

I know this my vary by area, but how much is your guys Regulatory Programs Fee?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't have anything listed exactly like that. My fees on my main line are listed as:

Verizon Wireless' Surcharges

Fed Universal Service Charge  2.63

Regulatory Charge  .16

Administrative Charge .99

Gross Receipts Surchg 2.47

total   6.25

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees

Public Safety Comm Surchg 1.20

Cnty 911 Surchg .30

State Sales Tax 3.67

Cnty Sales Tax  3.67

total  8.84