"CHECK FOR UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME"
JGouse

Title is self-explanatory.  This has been going on for a few days.

Is anyone else experiencing this message?  If so, does anyone know why?

0 Likes
Re: "CHECK FOR UPDATE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME"
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

JGouse wrote:

Title is self-explanatory.  This has been going on for a few days.

Is anyone else experiencing this message?  If so, does anyone know why?

J

This is all I have ever gotten. Someone said it is because they gave me a new sim card at one point. However, after reading all the postings after the OTA, I don't even want it. I do not want to turn my phone in for a refurbished one that has the same problems. I think the only t hing to hope for now is a fine from the FCC, or a class action law suite.

This sucks.

0 Likes
JGouse

Ah crap...yeah, I got the early December BIONIC update a day BEFORE I went back to Verizon with connectivity issues.  At that point, they put a different SIM card in the phone.

Great.  Looks like I'll have to make another trip to the store and have them rectify the problem if I can't access the new update when it goes into wide release.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
JGouse

Never mind.  Fixed it!

For some odd reason, if you have "Sync over Wi-Fi only" in the SOCIAL APPLICATIONS sub-menu of Data Delivery selected, it interferes with the phone checking for system updates.

Now why a setting for social apps would affect this is beyond me...

0 Likes
Damianxis
0 Likes
tamcon

The phone should be connected to a wifi hotspot to check for updates; however may users (including myself) has had to wipe the phone in order for the update to load. No need to wipe the sd card.

BTW. The phone still self restarts with the update installed.

0 Likes
joey240

I was finally able to get my update. My Bionic would not even reset to factory, and I had to get Verizon to help with that. So, got the update, but the data connection is still not good. If it can't find 4G, at least it should switch backto 3G in the same places my old Droid had access. In addition, I lost lots of apps because they were free apps. I had a backup app, but that got deleted and there is now no way to get the backed up files. I think I will not trust this phone with any data, but rather, I will use Google Docs for anything that I want to save. This phone is just not reliable. I hope others had better luck with this OTA.

I think I officially give up. Verizon sold me a crappy phone, and I am just stuck with it. My report to the FCC produced zero results, but my report to the BBB got a little reaction from Verizon. I think they don't know how to fix this phone.

Joey

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

where/when were you ever told an update had to be connected to a wi-fi hotspot to be completed?

0 Likes