"Lost" Wireless APN/VPN Settings
rwaz

I recently downloaded an Android app (Easy Battery Saver) for my Samsung Charge but had to uninstall to free up space.  When I did, I forgot to put the app back into “Normal” mode, now I cannot access Verizon’s 4G/3G Wireless Network (but can get online via WiFi).

Any ideas about how to resolve this issue, i.e., best way to restore wireless network APN/VPN settings (ideally w/o a "system restore")?

Thanks!

-- Rick Waz

0 Likes
Re: "Lost" Wireless APN/VPN Settings
PowerUp

I have now did the same thing but I did put it back to what it said was Normal.

Did you get yours fixed?  I have not help if you did.

0 Likes
khatz

I've also run into the same issue.  I changed it back to "normal" mode, and also reset the settings as it instructed before uninstalling.  My Charge is currently a worthless paper weight as none of my apps work.

0 Likes
rwaz

After flailing-away for a couple of days, I went to a Verizon store for Tech support.  Support Guru could not figure it out & suggested I do a "Factory data reset" (Settings / Privacy) to restore phone to original state, i.e., w/o customizations or installed app's.  (The Tech Support Team was CERTAIN that my Lookout Mobile Security app was the culprit, although it had been installed for many months w/o problems & is a highly rated security app.)  Tech Support also said I "had too many app's" & that he rarely installed app's to his Droid (he justs makes phone calls & text?!?!).

After the factory reset, all was better, although had to re-install previously installed app's. No biggie, but pain none the less.  And did not have to pay for paid app's as the Gmail account "remembered" they had been purchased already!  I think the app "Easy Battery Saver + Task Killer" is the one that killed the APN settings, so I did NOT re-install.  Also downloaded a couple of APN backup app's in case another APN vanishing act takes place.

Thanks.

0 Likes