Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
"Phone storage space is getting low"
DaisyLove

All of a sudden my phone (2 year old Motorola Droid 2) is telling me the 'Phone storage space is getting low', and will not allow my Gmail/Google Talk acct to sync...  I've gone through and moved everything that can be moved to my SD card, and deleted several other apps. I also went through and cleared the cashe on EVERYTHING that had any...but its still saying i've got 6.2GB used and only 403 MB free....   HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: "Phone storage space is getting low"
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Did you clear out all the cache in your apps?  Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > menu > sort by size.  Go through them one by one and pressing the clear cache button where you find it.

Sometime the email app can be hoarding a lot of space.  I would suggest removing all the email accounts from the phone except the main gmail account.  Reboot the phone and see if you still get the low space message.  Then you can add the email accounts back to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi DaisyLove,

I feel your pain! Low memory message on your Smartphone is not fun. I trust that the steps provided by Ann154 (thanks!) have resolved your concerns. In addition to pressing the Clear Cache button also press Clear Data button when applicable. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
DaisyLove

Actually, it didn't clear it... I had cleared all the caches, deleted all

of the apps I had downloaded, and cleared all the history/data I could, and

it still didn't work. I took it into the Verizon store, and all they could

recommend was a new phone (shocker!). Funny how it was within a month of

my contract being ready to renew...

On Sep 26, 2012 3:21 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes