re: Data
freida13669

I am new to using this type of phone and have never had a Data plan before.  Can someone please tell me what exactly uses data.  I have three phones and we share 1gb of data and I don't want us to go over it.  If someone could please break it down on what actually uses it I would appreciate your help.   Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: re: Data
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use wi-fi as much as possible since that won't count against your data plan.  Unless you're on wi-fi, anytime you go to the internet, check e-mails, stream video/music ... you are using data.  Set your apps to update only over wi-fi and only download apps over wi-fi.

You can check your data usage via your on-line MyVerizon account, the MyVerizon app, your phone (depending on model/operating system), and apps available on Google Play.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use wi-fi as much as possible since that won't count against your data plan.  Unless you're on wi-fi, anytime you go to the internet, check e-mails, stream video/music ... you are using data.  Set your apps to update only over wi-fi and only download apps over wi-fi.

You can check your data usage via your on-line MyVerizon account, the MyVerizon app, your phone (depending on model/operating system), and apps available on Google Play.

0 Likes
freida13669

Thank you so much for your help

0 Likes