reboot every morning to push email
waxcrazy0

Just wondering why, every morning when I turn my phone on, my yahoo email does not push through. if I shut the phone off again (reboot) and restart it starts working-My wife has the same phone, all our settings are the same and this does not happen to her!?!?-Does the Droid x just like women better??!!  LOL-Any suggestions  ---THANKS

0 Likes
Re: reboot every morning to push email
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

I have had issues with my Yahoo mail as well. Worked fine and then just stopped working and had to manually sync all the time. It was very frustrating to say the least. I have tried the Yahoo app that is loaded on the X, Yahoo app in the market and K9 and all end up doing the same thing. Below is a thread I posted on another forum and this solution has worked flawlessly and would recommend it.

thought I would post what I did to get my Yahoo account to work with Gmail. I know Gmail is the way to go but I still want to keep my Yahoo account. I went into my Yahoo account and set it up to forward my emails to my Gmail account. I have tried the installed Yahoo, market Yahoo and k9 without much luck as it would stop notifying me of new mail and some sync issues. All my Yahoo mail is now forwarded to my Gmail and doesn't archive at all on my Yahoo account. I found this article after I set mine up and thought it might help some of you that have Yahoo. Like I said, I set my Yahoo mail to forward to my Gmail address as this pushes the email right away. You can also set up a pop3 within gmail instead of setting up to forward to an email address within yahoo but this will only make it fetch every hour instead of push.

http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/how-to-read-yahoo-mail-in-gmail/

0 Likes
Re: reboot every morning to push email
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

waxcrazy0 wrote:

Just wondering why, every morning when I turn my phone on, my yahoo email does not push through. if I shut the phone off again (reboot) and restart it starts working-My wife has the same phone, all our settings are the same and this does not happen to her!?!?-Does the Droid x just like women better??!!  LOL-Any suggestions  ---THANKS

I know you said the settings are the same, but did you check the "Battery Mode"?  I used to have mine set to "Nighttime Saver" mode which would stop syncing after 15 minutes idle at night.  Then, most mornings, my AOL email (don't laugh...) would not push through.  I've got it set on "Performance Mode" now, and have no problems with AOL push.   

0 Likes