restoring backup
mkheath

How can i restore my phone to a previous setting if i did a factory restore?  I am looking to get my apps and songs back.  I did a factory restore cause my phone was acting funny and i removed the sim card before I did the factory reset. Now that I have put it back in all of my apps and songs are gone. is there any way that I can get them back?

0 Likes
Re: restoring backup
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

your apps should automatically download from the market once you sign in to your google account.  if not, you can download them again (no extra charge for apps you already paid for).  as for your songs, they should have been stored on your SDCard, so unless you wiped that too, your songs will be there as well.

0 Likes
Re: restoring backup
code3ron

Ouch .. a bad question to ask after the fact. There are a number of really good apps that will back things up for you, either to your SD card, to dropbox, or to your cloud. The most important item for most people is to be able to restore their contacts. If you set up a gmail account, then your contacts are probably on your P.C. under the contacts section of Google. If so, make sure to set up your gmail account on the phone with the same user name and password. The contacts can then be synced back to your phone. There is also backup assist, which is on the Droid Charge by default through Verizon and also has a restore function to get your contacts back. Your best chance for music will depend on the music player you used. I don't know much about music players, sorry. If you downloaded the files directly to your phone, check to see if the player has a restore fuction. It might restore them based on your settings. Once you get everything restored, be certain to add an app that will backup. Some are free. Astro file manager and AppMonster are two of my favorites. A file manager will also let you look through the folders on your SD card to see if one of them contains your music files. If so, then it will just be a matter of letting your player know where the music files are located. I hope this was clear. Feel free to ask for more specific info if needed. Good luck!

0 Likes