roaming data usage unavailable
Cellini
Beware that info on roaming data usage is not available in any way. I got a big surprise in my bill on return from Europe. I had called global support from France twice to find out my data use, but they could not tell me, nor did MyVerizon, that did not show use after my global plan was activated. No global phone will track roaming data use. You have just try to estimate. Good luck.
0 Likes
Re: roaming data usage unavailable
Not applicable

Cellini, thank you for your post. I certainly understand your frustration over receiving a large bill while traveling. While traveling internationally, you are using another carrier's towers for voice and data usage, so it can take longer for the data to show up in our system. We do still send you alerts to monitor your usage to avoid surprises on your bill. You will receive an initial welcome text message advising of the rates and dialing patterns. Then additional messages once you reach $25, $50, $150, etc. in roaming charges. See here for more details about the alerts and ways to monitor your global data usage. 

0 Likes
Cellini
Dear MarquiaF,
Yes, I received alerts, within a day or so of my starting roaming. I called Verizon twice and was told that these were automated messages that did not apply to me since I had a data contract for 70 MB per month. I have been told subsequently by Anthony, a supervisor of the Global Support team, that these messages are sent when the rate of data use looks like it will exceed one's limit, rather than reflecting the accumulated usage. I was told when I called GS from Europe that they did not have access to my usage figures. I understand there are now, one month later, larger (and cheaper) data plans available but I was in the dark about that as well as my total actual data usage, so obviously no upgrade was ever discussed.
0 Likes
cees

How strange Verizon does not have a global data usage tracker. ATT has one that works great (same as Verizon domestic data usage tracker) so this is technically possible. Anyone understands why?

0 Likes