since the update things have gone downhill
dumluk2002

Well the latest update has totally royally screwed up my terrific phone!  Ever since last Sunday, I have had nothing but shutdown issues, restarting and these issues can only be solved by removing the back, taking out the battery and reinstalling the batt.  Tonight's fun was when i started my camera, it just froze...then rebooted.....then when I tried to phone it did the same thing then would not even turn ON!!!  I used to have nothing but glowing reviews for this phone but now I am probably going to have to factory reset!!  Great work, Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: since the update things have gone downhill
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,
I understand your frustration.  If your concerns only surfaced after the software update I do suggest completing a factory reset.  You can do so by following the visuals here http://bit.ly/MZag1f .  This will erase everything, so please be sure to back up the device prior.  Thank you.

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jgreen04

I have had the same issues.  My phone used to work fine, but yesterday did not charge on the charger overnight.  Got it back charged to 100% in the morning and worked all day but then again when I went to bed but the phone on the charger and said it was charging.  Woke up this morning to a dead phone that won't turn on.  When plugged into the charger the led light blinks red.  I have had it charging for a while now and the light will occasionally stop blinking but then the light just goes off.  I did update the software the other day and didn't really think too much about it but looking back it did start running slower than it had in the past.

I see a lot of people have had similar issues with this device. I hope that Verizon & HTC are working together to solve this issue and take responsibility of any costs, as I don't think it is fair to put it on the customer.

I also noticed that the suggested fix is to reset the phone, since my phone won't turn on how can I ensure my pictures are backed up so I do not lose them as a result of someone else's error.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

I have had the same problems since the update..........broke down and did the factory reset tonight, see what happens now. Doesn't sound like it will fix the contact picture problem, haven't heard anything about helping the reboot and freezing up issue.

0 Likes
tickedx5

This happened to my husbands phone (third time to both of us) and i called Verizon, we already did everything they suggested for "troubleshooting" and they are now sending us the same stupid phone, that I'm sure will do the same thing when they push and update.  This will now be the 5th phone that they bricked...needless to say, when we get the new phone, we will no longer be Verizon customers.  We pay over $165/month and their "goodwill" gesture was to discount our bill $30 or send us an accessories package (which we already had all of the stuff)...give me a break.  I had to ask to speak to a supervisor to even get the $30. What a joke! I've never asked for any kind of discount or ANYTHING before, but after 5 phones WE ARE DONE...

0 Likes
tickedx5

This happened to my husbands phone (third time to both of us) and i called Verizon, we already did everything they suggested for "troubleshooting" and they are now sending us the same stupid phone, that I'm sure will do the same thing when they push and update.  This will now be the 5th phone that they bricked...needless to say, when we get the new phone, we will no longer be Verizon customers.  We pay over $165/month and their "goodwill" gesture was to discount our bill $30 or send us an accessories package (which we already had all of the stuff)...give me a break.  I had to ask to speak to a supervisor to even get the $30. What a joke! I've never asked for any kind of discount or ANYTHING before, but after 5 phones WE ARE DONE...

0 Likes
Jgreen04

I did the factory reset and the phone worked great for a day, held a charge well all day.  But not back to the same condition, says that the battery is draining faster than can be charged.  I have no apps or anything on it now since I reset it, so what could be the problem?

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

Factory reset has not helped. Still no change, no contact pics in text message screen and still periodic freeze ups.

This happens almost everytime I have a phone and they update the software....Droid X went from the best phone ever to a worthless brick with so many problems. finally got the Incredible 2 and was great until this update. Can't wait till my upgrade, I am done with Android and going to iPhone. Wife just got one and no "Bloat" apps on the phone that you don't want. Software updates come directly from Apple and things just seem to work. Been watching the Razr forums and they just got updated to new version of Android and looks like a bunch of problems coming through there, although the people who aren't having problems don't usually post much.

0 Likes
OsideJoe92057

Count me as another dis-satisfied HTC Incredible 2 owner since the Jun 20th forced download.  My phone now locks, programs force close multiple times throughout the day, pull the battery about one a day to recover from failures.  Can you guys push us back to the old software while you all figure out what you did wrong????  Or is this just a way to improve sales of HTC Incredible 4G LTE just released today...  I see some joint manipulation by both companies.  Prove I'm not right.

0 Likes