synching my droid incredible 2 with my windows laptop
thegodtwon40

I've tried on a few occassions to sync my droid incredible 2 with my laptop and have had not yet been able to do it. Every time I've hooked the phone up to a USB port on my laptop, a message pops up on my computer monitor saying that I need to download special drivers onto the computer in order to be able to sync the phone to it. When I attempt to download the driver(s), I get an error message saying the driver files are corrupted and can't be downloaded. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how were you able to resolve it? Thanks in advance any advice anyone has to offer:)

Anthony

0 Likes
Re: synching my droid incredible 2 with my windows laptop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have your USB connection setting on the phone set to the "mount as disk drive" or something else?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi thegodtwon40,

I wanted to provide you with a few steps that should allow you to sync your phone with your PC. Please ensure that your device has the "Mount as Disk" and not "Charge Only".

The drivers are very important and need to be downloaded to your PC in order to sync your phone. Usually this download is completed automatically when the phone is connected. I would suggest trying to use another USB port. Often times this leads to success.

I hope this information helps! Have a great one!

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thegodtwon40

Ha! I had the phone set to charge only. Guess I'll have to try again with

the proper setting. Thanks for the info:)

0 Likes
al_cohen

I was not having any sync issues until I got a new laptop the other day.  Repeatedly I tried to sync my Inc 2 with HTC sync.  Not only would I get that PITA popup window about needing to install drivers, but HTC would freeze about 10th oth e way through.  Then today I noticed something.  a USB 2.0 hub and my USB 2.0 flash drive were acting odd on the USB 3.0 ports they were now plugged into.  So I figured maybe the INC 2 was also having an issue.  I used the USB 2.0 port on the laptop and it imediatly went into sync mode, bought up HTC sync on the laptop and sync'd in a flash!

So that said I just plugged the cable into the 3.0 jack and it spazzed.  Took it out and went into the 2.0 and it sync'd in a flash.

So that's my experience and I hope it helps

Al

0 Likes