system update taking forever
bhigs

my phone has been doing a system update for 40 mins now and i'm wondering if this is how long it should take. it stated 8-9 min or a little longer...not a half hour longer

0 Likes
Re: system update taking forever
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

it's ~20MB file updating your kernel from FP1 to FP5.

let us know if you notice and difference/improvement.

0 Likes
keywe

since doing the latest update to my driod charge( about 12 hrs ago!) my phone will not completely boot up.It continuiosly goes through the whole  "Driod" robotic screen over and over! I've removed the battery; tried waiting mins before putting back in. Still no luck..... HELP PLEASE!  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

if your phone is rooted, then the OTA update will NOT work.  otherwise, I would advise on taking it in to the VZW store and see if they can "push" the update through.

another option would be to force it via the recovery method.  make sure you have a file called "update.zip" on the root directory of your sdcard.  power off the phone, and when it is completely off, press and volume up + home button + power button.  release only the power button when you see the Samsung logo.  then release the other buttons when you see another screen.

navigate down to "apply update from SDCARD", then select your "update.zip" file again.  then reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it may seem like a long time to complete a software or operating system update bhigs! Were you able to complete the update? The process itself usually takes only a few minutes; however, it can take as long as a couple of hours. Please let us know if you are experiencing any difficulties.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport 

0 Likes