text message issues
brockerin

My phone keeps taking the name and picture off my contacts in my txt screen. Soi dont kno who im talking to unless i re-read old messages and remember the convo. I did a reset pulled the battery with the phone on phone and it worked once but is not working anymore..But worse than that is my phone sends txt messages to the wrong person. Someone will txt me and i will reply in the reply box and then it will send to someone other than the person i was replying to. This happens both when replying and sending an original message. THe person it sends to is totay random. Sometimes it sends to ppl that I havent txt in months. Is there any way to fix this it is soooooooooooooo very annoying!!!!!!! Also makes for alot of questions when someone get a message from me and have no idea what it means and when the person i am trying to reply to thinks i did not reply  it usually dont know till i start to wonder why somonedidnt reply orhappen to open the txt screen later and realize that the message was sent to the wrong person

0 Likes
Re: text message issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brockerin,

I feel your pain; I use my text messages all day and I would be frustrated if I experienced the issues outlined on your post. Are you using a third party text messaging application? If you are, please delete and use the native application and test.

If you are using native messaging application please clear Cache/Data: Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>All>Messaging>Clear Data/Cache.

Also ensure that you have the latest software update http://goo.gl/fBrLH available for your device. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: text message issues
brockerin

Thanks for the tips. I was not usein a 3 rd party messaging. I called customer support and the guy in tech sent me a new phone. There is no good reason for mine to so what it does so I hope the new one works better.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes