text message time stamp while phone is off
techfan14

Does anyone know how to find out when a text message was actually sent by the person who sent it to you? I turn my phone off at night and sometimes for short periods during the day and when I turn it on I get several text messages at once.  However it says that they were sent/received at the time I turned on my phone which I know isn't the case. On my old phone, the lg dare, it would say when the person actually sent it along with when I received it even if my phone was off. Its not a huge deal but it would be nice to know so I know if they have been waiting for a response for a while.    Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: text message time stamp while phone is off
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there techfan14! If I understand correctly, you would like to know when messages are sent to your phone (esp. when the phone is off). I can tell you that the time and date that a message was sent to your phone is not available to Verizon Wireless customers. We can show you when the message is delivered, whether the phone is on or off. That is available through My Verizon online under usage details. Thanks for bringing your question to the VZW Community! 

0 Likes