the screen on my incredible broke.
scratchawl

is there a way to recover the pixs and the contacts?  thru insurance i got a new incredible swapped the sd card but no pixs or contacts.  help!

0 Likes
Re: the screen on my incredible broke.
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

If you have your old SD card, you can either use a card adapter to plug it into your PC, or put it in the phone, go to Settings>SD Card & Storage and see whether it's mounted (it will have to be mounted for your phone to read it). Be sure you don't select Erase Contents.

As far as contacts, when you sign into Gmail to activate your phone, your contacts should populate. Open the Contacts app, go to Settings and make sure the boxes next to what you want to sync are checked.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you don't use google for contacts, then you'll need to synch your backup assistan account. also, if you put your old sd card in the new incredible and reformatted it, then the pics (and all other data) would have been deleted. do you recall having to format it when you put it in the new incredible? and are you sure the pics were always saved to the sd card (they could have been saved to the old phones internal memory)?

0 Likes
scratchawl

i think the pixs and contacts are on the internal storage.  the guy at the verizon store said they cant be recovered because of the screen being messed up.  when the new phone came i turned it on and went thru the setup. so i dont think the card has been reformatted.  the verizon guy turned on hte backup assit and created a gmail acct for the phone so i guess we are going to have to rebuild the contact file.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you still have the old phone you may try to plug it in to a pc and see if the pc will read it like an external hard drive. i don't know if it will work (because typically, when you plug it in, the phone will prompt you to tell it to mount it as a disk drive, and since you won't be able to use or see the screen, this may not work....but i would try it). the guy did not do his job real well, because when you got the new phone, you could have retrieved at least the contacts through google or backup assistant (whichever one you previously used).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, scratchawl-

I'm sorry that the device broke! That is a bummer. The HTC Incredible was designed to save pictures to the internal memory by default and users had to change this manually to save to the SD card. If you still have the device, you can plug the phone into the computer and save the pictures in a file there. Then you can move them to the SD card on the new device. I recommend going to Camera>Settings, on the new phone to change the save option to SD card/external memory to safegaurd those pictures in the future.

The contacts are typically saved to Google (google.com/contacts) or Backup Assistant (verizonwireless.com/myverizon). Check those sites to determine where the pictures are.

Keep me posted of your progress.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes